Members: Here’s a special offer just for you from Section Annual Sponsor LexHelper. Florida Bar Solo & Small Firm Section members receive a 10 percent lifetime discount on LexHelper’s virtual front office receptionist services. LEARN MORE
The Top 10 Law Firm Marketing Articles Written During the Pandemic
- Five Steps to Build Your Firm (Or, How to Stay Afloat as a Small Law Firm: Panic Is Not An Option) by Conrad Saam
- 7 ‘Public Speaking’ Tips for Videoconferencing by Marsha Hunter
- A 30-Day Business Development Plan for Lawyers by Jay Harrington
- Continuity of Care: Reassuring Clients You’re Prepared for COVID-19 by Susan Kostal
CLE for Solos and Small Firms—All in One Place
- Visit our calendar page to register for upcoming monthly live audio webcasts and free Wednesday Wisdom Zoom webinars.
- Join our section’s members-only Facebook group to access a video library of previously recorded Wednesday Wisdom webinars.
- Purchase previously recorded section CLE through The Florida Bar, available 24/7 as on-demand seminars and podcasts.
- Purchase previously recorded section CLE through The Florida Bar in CD or DVD format.
Florida Lawyers Helpline
Did you know? Every lawyer in Florida now has access to high-quality confidential mental-health resources.
Florida Bar members can call the new Florida Lawyers Helpline at 833-351-9355 or “833-FL1-WELL” and speak with a mental health professional who can provide crisis intervention and referral for up to three free visits with a locally-based, licensed mental health professional.
Given the current environment, members will be able to get telehealth therapy sessions until it is safe to go back to in-person sessions.
The service is provided through an agreement with CorpCare Associates, Inc., an Atlanta-based firm that boasts a network of 11,000 providers nationwide and some 200 providers in Florida, with plans to enroll more. LEARN MORE
New Service in Microsoft Word Checks Grammar In Word, Outlook and on Webpages
24/7 Online CLE at Bit.ly/SSF_CLE
If you’re looking for a one-stop-shop for great CLE, bookmark bit.ly/SSF_CLE and go straight to a collection of downloadable CLEs and podcasts. The 2020 Florida Law Update has just been added, and you’ll have access to popular CLEs like Malpractice Pitfalls for Solo & Small Firms, Employment Law Mistakes Small Firm Practitioners Should Avoid, How to Ethically Build a Virtual Law Firm Business Model and more.
Join the section’s members-only Facebook group to network with colleagues around the state.
One of the most difficult things about working remotely is trying to stay connected. Let the Solo & Small Firm Section’s Facebook group be a resource for you. Find co-counsel, refer a case or ask for recommendations. It’s free. Our Wednesday Wisdom series is live on Facebook each month and the library of past videos is available 24/7 through the Facebook group for free, on-demand CLE. Join today to network with your colleagues from the section. JOIN NOW