Snip & Sketch 👉 You Have to Try This!
Wellness CLE: Section Members Register for Only $50
Now available 24/7 on-demand or podcast. Originally presented on Aug. 18, 12-1 PM. Live InReach webinar by attorney coach Nora Bergman. . The statistics are clear. Lawyers are challenged with depression, stress, anxiety and alcohol abuse at levels much higher than the general public. But there are things we can do to increase our happiness quotient and avoid burnout. In this interactive webinar, you’ll learn why happiness, wellness and resilience are essential to your health, your well-being and your effectiveness as a lawyer. You’ll also learn things you can do right now to get happy and stay happy.
Course number 4013. Approved for 1.0 General; 1.0 Mental Illness Awareness CLE credit. Section members register for only $50.
Five Lawyer Marketing Fundamentals
FREE Wednesday Wisdom CLE on August 26
Aug. 26, 12-1 PM free Wednesday Wisdom Zoom webinar for section members. Learn how your financials can help you make better decisions, get a hold on your cash flow and use metrics to achieve your goals. Presented by Joy Lutz, a CPA, certified tax coach, and owner of Aligned CPA, LLC in Lake City, FL, where she helps solo and small law firms with accounting, tax prep and planning and advisory services. REGISTER
New CLE for Solos & Small Firms
- Law Firm Automation: Processes & Procedures. Tuesday, Sept. 15, 12 – 1 PM live InReach webinar. Join attorney Chelsie M. Lamie, who has built a seven-figure virtual law firm in under four years by creating and implementing processes and procedures to maximize the production of her team while minimizing redundancy and maintaining an incredible work/life balance. Course number 4061. Approved for 1.0 General CLE. Section members register for only $50. REGISTER
- Retirement Plans for Law Firms: What’s the Best Option? Sept. 23 Wednesday Wisdom Zoom webinar by Michael Stewart of Wells Fargo. Free CLE for Solo & Small Firm Section members. Stewart, a private wealth financial advisor, will discuss retirement plans for law firms and their various features. Course number 4139. CLE approval pending. REGISTER
- Tools to Increase Your Bottom Line. Oct. 20 live InReach webinar by Danielle Babcock of Thomson Reuters. Building law firm awareness is the key to increasing your business and profits. Your law firm can be promoted in everything you do from websites and social media, to blogging efforts, client communications, branding, managing Google, and law firm public relations. Join Danielle Babcock of Thomson Reuters, to explore ways to increase your bottom line by learning about the tools you can use to reach your best clients. Course number 4062. Approved for 1.0 General CLE. Section members register for only $50. REGISTER
- Annual Ethics Update: “Legal Ethics in a Changed World.” Oct. 16 Live InReach webcast, 8 AM–1 PM. Course number and CLE approval pending. Registration opens soon.
Back by Popular Demand
We are pleased to announce that two of our most popular webinars have been renewed and are available 24/7 for purchase online as downloadable seminars and podcasts:
- Tips & Tricks to Make Microsoft Word Work for You. Learn pro tips that let you skip trial-and-error tutorials and find out how to fully integrate Microsoft Word into your law practice. This one-hour CLE will teach you exactly what you need to make your practice more efficient and will walk you through, step-by-step, how to set up and use Microsoft Word effectively. Practice with your PC or laptop while you listen. Learn Word features that can make formatting nightmares go away—and master shortcuts that will take your Word efficiency to new levels. Presented by General Magistrate Jennifer Kuyrkendall Griffin, past Chair of the Solo & Small Firm Section. Course number 2874. 1.0 General; 1.0 Technology CLE credit.
- This Really Happened: Taking the High Road of Civility and Professionalism. This one-hour webcast discusses actual examples of unprofessional and uncivil conduct that have occurred in the everyday practice of law while identifying potential rule violations and suggesting possible ways to handle or remedy the situations. Presented by Solo & Small Firm Section Chair-elect Jacina Haston, former Director of The Florida Bar Henry Latimer Center for Professionalism, and General Magistrate Jennifer Kuyrkendall Griffin. Course number 2877. 1.0 General; 1.0 Professionalism CLE credit.
Virtual Town Hall Meetings: Your Chance to Be Heard
Join the section’s members-only Facebook group to network with colleagues around the state.
One of the most difficult things about working remotely is trying to stay connected. Let the Solo & Small Firm Section’s Facebook group be a resource for you. Find co-counsel, refer a case or ask for recommendations. It’s free. Our Wednesday Wisdom series is live on Facebook each month and the library of past videos is available 24/7 through the Facebook group for free, on-demand CLE. Join today to network with your colleagues from the section. JOIN NOW