Become a Leader in the Solo & Small Firm Section—Join a Committee
Committee service is an excellent way to network with colleagues from around the state, make a lasting difference in the section and increase your professional profile. The section’s committees and executive council play an integral role in continuing to improve return on investment for our members through engaging CLEs, relevant publications, members-only benefits and more. The section’s newest committees are Health & Wellness, Outreach & Expansion, and Transition to Solo, and offer exciting new avenues for involvement.
Approximately two-thirds of Florida Bar members practice in solo and small firms, and the Solo & Small Firm Section is the place for those attorneys. Our goals—with help from leaders like you—are to increase membership, boost involvement, and provide valuable benefits that assist our members in professionalism and the practice of law. Interested in volunteering to join a committee? Submit your preference form and supporting documents Section Chair Tim Shaw at FLSoloSmallFirm@gmail.com.
Solo & Small Firm Section Committees
- Continuing Legal Education. Oversees the development, promotion and implementation of section-sponsored CLE programs.
- Outreach & Expansion. Coordinates development, promotion and implementation of initiatives that are designed to increase section membership and boost member involvement in section events and CLEs.
- Pro Bono Awards. Oversees the process by which the section recognizes the pro bono organization within the state that has put together the best pro bono service program during the past year.
- Publications. Manages the collection of articles, editing, dissemination and promotion of the section’s publications—the quarterly LINK magazine and the bi-weekly QuickLINK e-newsletter.
- Sponsorship. Recruits sponsors for the section, CLE events and other opportunities for involvement and ensures that sponsors are recognized for their levels of support.
- Transition to Solo. Explores the development, promotion and implementation of initiatives that are designed to benefit section members and potential section members, particularly those who are transitioning to solo practice from non-private practice.