Message from 2021-22 Section Chair
Thank you for allowing me to serve as this year’s Chair. I look forward to working with you. The missions of the Solo & Small Firm Section are as follows:
- to assist the board of governors when called upon, in the implementation and promotion of the policies and objectives of The Florida Bar;
- to enhance the skill of the general practice, solo and small firm as well as the lawyer who has interests beyond the boundaries of a single professional specialty, by providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information essential to improvement of the lawyer’s quality of legal service.
- to provide an organization within The Florida Bar open to members in good standing having an interest in the economics of law practice; and
- to provide a forum for discussion and exchange of ideas leading to the improvement and development of the fields of economics of law practice and delivery of legal services, and to serve the public generally and The Florida Bar in interpreting and carrying out the professional needs and objectives in these fields.
If you practice solo or in a small firm, the SSF Section is for you.
Congratulations to Our 2021 L. Michael Roffino Pro Bono Award Grant Recipients
Each of these outstanding pro bono organizations receives a grant. The Roffino awards recognize the Florida pro bono organization that has put together the best pro bono service program during the past year. Since 1990, the Solo & Small Firm Section has awarded $172,500 to organizations that are making a difference in their communities.
Winner ($4,000): Bay Area Legal Services‘ Frontline Heroes Project and Advanced Directives Clinic
Runners up ($2,000 each):
- Legal Aid of Manasota, Inc.‘s Legal Lifeline for Youth program
- Catholic Legal Services Archdiocese of Miami, Inc. Board of Immigration Appeals Program
Congratulations to Our 2021 Solo & Small Firm Section Award Winners
(Due to COVID-19 concerns, the 2021 awards were presented virtually.)